FenderBender Reveals Additional Speakers for Upcoming Management Conference
Feb. 16, 2016—On Tuesday, FenderBender released the names of two additional speakers to the lineup of its 2016 FenderBender Management Conference: Darrell Amberson, president of LaMettry's Collision, and Max Sorenson, district manager at ABRA Auto Body & Glass.
A frequent contributor to the magazine and a longtime industry leader, Amberson will discuss work in progress (WIP), which he believes is the one game-changing metric that can help optimize shops and make each job as efficient and profitable as possible. The session will cover how to track, properly manage and make critical adjustments to your facility's WIP so your business can thrive.
Max Sorensen, winner of the 2015 FenderBender Award in the management category, will lead a session on developing apprenticeship programs. Two years ago, Sorensen spearheaded the creation of the Collision Repair Opportunity Program (CROP), an in-house, non-paid internship program for aspiring technicians, painters and shop staff. The program is now growing nationally. Sorensen’s session at the conference will provide shop owners with strategies that can help them grow their own properly trained team members.
The lineup for the 2016 FenderBender Management Conference now includes:
- Darrell Amberson, President of operations, LaMettry’s Collision
- [Session] What’s Your WIP? Why Work in Progress is a Key Metric for Modern Shops
- Mike Anderson Owner, Collision Advice
- [Keynote] Choice, Chance, Change: Practicing the Three C’s to Grow Your Collision Repair Business
- [Session] Get Paid: How to Improve Negotiations with Insurers
- Jim Keller President, 1CollisionNetwork
- [Session] Marketing is Everything: An Advanced Approach to Building a Better Brand
- Aaron Marshall Manager, Marshall Auto Body
- [Workshop] Lean Theory and Real-World Implementation
- Ron Reichen Owner, Precision Paint and Body
- [Session] The New DRP: Using OE Certifications to Drive Business
- Kevin Rains Owner, Center City Collision and Precision Frame & Body
- [Session] Social Media Marketing that Works
- Max Sorensen district manager, ABRA Auto Body & Glass
- [Session] Developing an Apprenticeship Program to Grow Talent
The FenderBender Management Conference will take place Sept. 19-21 near Chicago and will feature education sessions, workshops, panel and roundtable discussions, a keynote address, and networking opportunities that have been pulled from the best content in FenderBender over the last several years.
Registration is now open.