PPG Announces 2014 Show Truck Tour Dates
Jan. 24, 2014—PPG Industries’ Automotive Refinish business on Thursday released the 2014 appearance schedule of its colorful show truck.
The truck, a 75-foot 2007 Coronado Freightliner tractor-trailer rig, is decorated in a paint scheme that incorporates a variety of colors, special effects and graphics from PPG products.
The truck will begin its cross-country tour in March with veteran PPG driver Chad Hook at the wheel. He will guide the truck to 18 major events including car, truck and hot rod shows sponsored by the National Street Rod Association (NSRA), the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association and other automotive enthusiast groups.
Hook has been with PPG for 30 years in several capacities, and has driven the show truck since 1999 covering up to 35,000 miles annually.
“I enjoy driving and I enjoy cars, so this is a great job for me,” Hook said. “I get to meet a lot of people along the way, and it’s always good to see the PPG reps at each of the shows; we’re all like one big family.”
The show truck will make its first stop March 7-9 in Scottsdale, Ariz., for the Goodguys Spring Nationals. The truck will appear in 12 other states before returning to Arizona for the season-ending Southwest Nationals in November.
The complete show truck tour schedule is as follows:
- Scottsdale, Ariz., March 7–9, Goodguys 5th Spring Nationals
- Fort Worth, Texas, March 14–16, Goodguys 4th Spring Lone Star Nationals
- Del Mar, Calif., April 4–6, Goodguys 14th Del Mar Nationals
- Oklahoma City, April 11–13, NSRA Southwest Street Rod Nationals
- Orlando, Fla., April 25–27, Goodguys 1st All American Nationals
- Knoxville, Tenn., May 2–4, NSRA Street Rod Nationals South
- Nashville, Tenn., May 16–18, Goodguys 9th Nashville Nationals
- Loveland, Colo., June 6–8, Goodguys 17th Colorado Nationals
- Saint Paul, Minn., June 21–22, Back to the 50s
- Pueblo, Colo., June 27–29, NSRA Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals
- Des Moines, Iowa, July 4–6, Goodguys 23rd Heartland Nationals
- Columbus, Ohio, July 11–13, Goodguys 17th PPG Nationals
- Puyallup, Wash., July 25–27, Goodguys 27th Pacific Northwest Nationals
- Spokane, Wash., Aug. 15–17, Goodguys 13th Great Northwest Nationals
- Englishtown, N.J., Sept. 13, US Diesel Truckin’ Nationals
- Fort Worth, Texas, Oct. 3–5, Goodguys 22nd Lone Star Nationals
- Biloxi, Miss., Oct. 10–12, Cruisin’ the Coast
- Scottsdale, Ariz., Nov. 14–16, Goodguys 17th Southwest Nationals
Events and appearances are subject to change.