Late in 2011, Bosch launched an innovative credit card program that allows Bosch Car Service customers to pay for automotive parts and services with no interest on qualifying purchases if paid in full within six months.
Like this article? Sign up for our enews blasts here.
In a short period of time, this unique credit card program has become extremely successful:
- More than 1,100 Bosch Service credit cards have been issued to motorists in North America.
- This year, consumers are expected to charge $2 million in parts and services to these credit cards at Bosch Service network shops throughout North America.
- Largely as a result of this exclusive and powerful credit card program, more than 200 new service centers have joined the Bosch Service network in the U.S. and Canada this year, bringing the total up to 1,400.
“Our Bosch Service credit card, available only through our participating service centers, is a major draw for consumers,” said Michael Lippman, Marketing Manager for the Bosch Car Service network at Robert Bosch, LLC.
“In an economic climate where cash flow is tight, our no-annual-fee Bosch Service credit card opens up a dedicated line of credit for vehicle servicing, with no interest on qualifying purchases if paid in full within six months. That value is hard for motorists to ignore. We are expecting consumers to charge approximately $2 million in automotive servicing to their Bosch Service credit card this year,” Lippman said.
Benefits To Service Centers
Issued by Credit First National Association (www.cfna.com), these cards offer major benefits to service centers that participate in the Bosch Service credit card program:
- There are no set-up fees or minimum monthly processing fees.
- The service center’s name is embossed on the credit card along with the cardholder’s name and the Bosch Service logo, giving the service center a presence in the consumer’s wallet.
- The card can be used only at participating Bosch Service locations, which are clearly identified on the Bosch Car Service website.
- Statistics gathered by CFNA indicate that cardholders spend more on each visit and over a longer period of time.
- The Bosch credit card drives consumer loyalty to the service centers, and attracts new customers.
- Bosch supports these shops with a significant amount of point-of-purchase materials to promote their involvement in the program.
According to Lippman, participating Bosch Service facilities process the card just like any other card with payment coming from CFNA.
Statistics provided by Adam Pizzurro, National Field Sales Manager at Credit First National Association (www.cfna.com), show that “a typical first purchase with this card at a Bosch Car Service center is about five times greater compared to the average bank card transaction amount. And the average return spend is about two times greater than that with a bank card.”
Interested consumers can apply for Bosch Service credit cards at participating Bosch Car Service locations, or online by visiting the shop’s website or at www.boschcarservice.us. Credit approval itself takes seconds.
Have articles like this sent to you weekly by signing up for our enews blasts here.