Repair Standards, Parts Procurement Mandate Discussions Highlight CIC Fall Meeting Agenda
Oct. 30, 2013—The Collision Industry Conference (CIC) has announced the agenda for its two-day fall meetings held during the SEMA Show. The meetings are set for 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 6, and 8 a.m. to noon on Nov. 7 at the Las Vegas Hotel.
The Nov. 6 meeting will begin with a breakfast (7–8 a.m.) and the industry awards presentation (8–9 a.m.), followed by eight presentations from various industry experts (9–10:45 a.m.). After a short break, a diverse panel of industry experts will discuss the issues surrounding the standards in today’s complex vehicles and how the industry may adopt
industry-wide standard repair processes (11:15–12:20 p.m.).
The panel discussion will be moderated by CEO of Craftsmen Auto Body, Paul Krauss. The panelists include:
- Lillian Maimone from Marco’s Auto Body
- Rick Leos from Toyota
- Doug Craig from Chrysler
- Randy Stabler from Pride Auto Body
- Mike LeVasseur from Keenan Auto Body
- Barry Dorn from Dorn’s Auto Body
- Tim Adelmann from ABRA
- Jim Thompson from ANSI
Attendance at this CIC meeting is required for all who desire to attend the CIC Reception at 6 p.m. on Nov. 6.
The condensed meeting on Nov. 7 will include a human resources presentation (8:30–9 a.m.), and another panel discussion on the issues surrounding parts procurement insurer mandates (9:30–11 a.m.).
This panel will be moderated by vice president of industry relations for AudaExpore, Rick Tuuri, and the panelists include:
- Randy Stabler from PRIDE Collision
- David Priest from AutoNation
- Michael Quinn from uParts, Inc.
- Terry Fortner from LKQ Corp
- Andy Dingman from Dingman’s Collision Center
- Jim Sowle from Sewell Lexus
- Darren Huggins from Van Tuyl Group
A full schedule of the meetings can be viewed here.