GM CEO Offers Advice for Leading Job Interviews
Aug. 16, 2019—General Motors CEO Mary Barra has spent her entire career at GM and asks the same three job interview questions, reported Business Insider. The automotive executive typically tells job candidates that she was going to ask the three questions in rapid succession.
The three questions are:
- How would your peers describe you in three adjectives?
- How would your supervisor describe you in three adjectives?
- How would people who've worked for you describe you in three adjectives?
Barra also said she looks for four attributes in any job applicant. Those are:
- high integrity
- ability to act like part of a team
- ability to accomplish milestones through influence, not just hierarchical power
- technical competence and a passion for the auto industry