July 13, 2017—The Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) is proud to announce the recipients of the scholarships in collision repair that were created to assist deserving students pursuing a career in the collision industry.
These awards are part of over $200,000 in scholarships given out in May 2017 by CREF:
Lon Baudoux Legacy Scholarship Recipient ($2,000 award)
- Kyle Ludwig - Highland Community College (Freeport, Ill.)
- Cody Bayless -Washburn Tech (Topeka, Kan.)
- Angel Paucar - Dunwoody College of Technology (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Charles Sherwood - Lex La-Ray Technical Center (Lexington, Mo.)
- Garrett Boles - Eastern Center for Arts and Technology (Willow Grove, Pa.)
The Lon Baudoux Legacy Scholarship is in its ninth year and was created to honor Lon Baudoux, I-CAR development manager, who passed away in November 2008. Lon highly valued education, especially for secondary and post-secondary students studying collision repair. This scholarship is funded mainly by I-CAR staff and I-CAR instructors who worked with Lon at I-CAR. The selection of this award is based on a student that not only excels inside the classroom, but also participates in outside activities such as clubs, sports, and volunteering. The funds go to help the student finance his/her education.
Collision Repair Education Foundation Board of Trustees Scholarship Grant Recipients
- $2,000: Tina Brown - Moore Norman Technology Center (Norman, Okla.)
- $2,000: Shelby Bouchie - Regional Career Technical Center (Ypsilanti, Mich.)
- $1,000: Morgan Richardson - Hawaii Community College (Hilo, Hawaii)
- $1,000: Angel Maturano - Chantilly Academy (Chantilly, VAa.)
The Collision Repair Education Foundation Board of Trustees Scholarship is funded by the members of the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees Scholarship offers students financial assistance with tuition and other costs associated with their collision education.
Collision Repair Education Foundation Grant Recipients
- $2,000: Tucker Dagle - TCAT (Crossville, Tenn.)
- $1,000 scholarship: Matthew Dyas (Morgan Community College, Fort Morgan, Colo.)
- $1,000 tool grant: Bryan Hernandez (Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, Neb.)
Robert (Bob) Author Smith Memorial Scholarship ($3,000)
- Kenya Hundley - Fox Valley Tech College (Appleton, Wis.)
The Robert (Bob) Author Smith Memorial scholarship is for eligible collision students attending Fox Valley Technical College. The scholarship honors Robert “Bob” Author Smith, a long time instructor at the school and I-CAR and CREF supporter.
Industry members and companies that are interested in sponsoring their own, named student scholarship through CREF should email director of development Brandon Eckenrode or call 847-463-5244.