CARSTAR Recognizes Top Shops
Sept. 9, 2013—CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts recently held its annual gathering of shop owners and honored its top performers in Las Vegas. In all, the company handed out nearly 20 awards.
Franchisee of the year:
• Ray’s CARSTAR Auto Body, Bristol, Conn., owned by Dave Merchant, Sr.
Rookie of the year:
• Preferred Collision CARSTAR, Macon, Ga., owned by Walter Lee
Marketer of the year:
• Steve Rigsby, marketing manager of Colorado CARSTAR Business Group
Business group of the year:
• Chicagoland Business Group, Chicago region
Next Generation Award:
• Kerry Woodson II and Toni Donius, second-generation owners of Jungerman CARSTAR, St. Peters, Mo.
Customer service winners:
• City CARSTAR, Janesville, Wis., owned by Michael Buggs (level 1)
• Campion CARSTAR Collision, Highstown, N.J., owned by Paul Edgecomb (level 2)
• Utzig CARSTAR Collision, Janesville, Wis., owned by Al Utzig (level 3)
Employee safety and environmental compliance winners:
• Car Craft CARSTAR, Bridgeton, Mo., owned by Garry Goddard, Jr.
• Don & Ron’s CARSTAR Collision, Omaha, Neb., owned by Christi and Andrea Krajeski and Mark Krzemien
• Floyd’s CARSTAR Body & Glass, Booneville, Mo., owned by Scott Gamel
CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Expert of the Year winners:
• Ace Sullins CARSTAR, Miramar, Fla. (East)
• Milwaukee Collision Service CARSTAR, Wauwatosa, Wis. (Central)
• Ballard Collision CARSTAR, Seattle, Wash. (West)
EDGE performance group winners (most improvement in sales, margins and EBIDTA categories):
• Steve’s CARSTAR Auto Body, Arnold, Mo., owned by Heath Harris (group I)
• Pat’s CARSTAR Auto Body, Plover, Wis., owned by Pat Arnold (group II)
• Collision Clinic CARSTAR, Edmonds, Wash., owned by Bruce Lingle (group III)
• Pete’s CARSTAR of South Windsor, South Windsor, Conn., owned by Pete Gutska (group IV)
Extraordinary contribution award winners:
• Kurt Mueller of Kurt’s CARSTAR Collision Center, Maryville, Ill. (individual)
• Puget Sound Business Group, Seattle region (group)