CARSTAR Honors Top Performers
July 16, 2019—At its annual conference, CARSTAR recognized its most efficient and productive franchise partners. A list of winners is highlighted below.
The winners for Top Cycle Time included:
- Canada – Darryl Hemstreet, CARSTAR Red Deer and CARSTAR Red Deer South in Alberta
- U.S. – Tom Martin, CARSTAR Sydney, CARSTAR Troy and CARSTAR Piqua in Ohio
The winners for Customer Experience included:
- Canada -- Frank Abate, CARSTAR Toronto St. Clair
- U.S. -- Lisa Siembab, CARSTAR Berlin in Connecticut
The winner for CARSTAR Rookie of the Year:
- Canadian Rookie of the Year is Patrice Magnan of CARSTAR Group Magnan in Quebec
- U.S. Rookie of the Year is Jason Wong, owner of CARSTAR Auto World
The winner for CARSTAR Next Generation Award:
- Canadian winner is Sebastian Torres from the Torcam Group
- U.S. winner is Nathan Muller, owner of CARSTAR Maryville
The winner for CARSTAR Ironman Award:
- Canadian winner is Mark Kharfan, owner of the Kharfan Group
- U.S. winner is Lou Scola, owner of CARSTAR Scola in Chicago
The winner for CARSTAR President's Awards:
• Highest performing large-scale MSO – Mark Kharfan
• Highest performing small-scale MSO – Lorenzo Pellicciotta
• Ontario Zone – Pino Gagliardi, CARSTAR Downsview
• West Zone – Mark Descoteau, CARSTAR Parksville (Terminal)
• Quebec Zone – Sergio Panfili, CARSTAR St-Leonard
• East Zone – Bruce Brinton, CARSTAR Digby
· Highest performing large-scale MSO – Fred Beans, Fred Beans Group
· Highest performing small-scale MSO – Theresa & Jeremy Orsky, Orsky Group
· Central Zone – Sheila Samuel-Lefor and Jeff Samuel, CARSTAR Ideal Auto Body
· East Zone – Kelli Back, CARSTAR of Amelia
· West Zone – Marcine Sanders, CARSTAR ABC Body & Frame
In the U.S., the special 30th anniversary Genesis Award went to Gerald Wicklund, owner of CARSTAR Wicklund in Liberty, Mo. The first CARSTAR franchise partner joined the network in October of 1989. Bill Wicklund, owner of this Kansas City area shop, passed on the business to his son Gerald in 2000.
The Marketer of the Year in Canada was Johnny Kloeches, owner of CARSTAR Edmonton SE, CARSTAR Ellerslie, CARSTAR Express Edmonton South, CARSTAR Edmonton Gateway, CARSTAR Leduc North, and CARSTAR Edmonton Mayfield. He has spent the past year investing in his digital presence through an additional paid search program as the first franchise partner in Canada to engage in enhancing this corporate-led initiative.
For the U.S., Paul Edgecomb, owner of CARSTAR Champion in New Jersey, was named Marketer of the Year. In 2018, he was one of the first individual stores to opt into the CARSTAR paid search program and throughout the past year, he has been a pioneer in reviews and improving his NPS score.