AutoInc. announces best auto repair websites
Jan. 16, 2012—AutoInc., the official magazine for the Automotive Service Association (ASA), has published its Top 10 Automotive Repair Websites in the January issue.
In alphabetical order, here is the publication’s Top 10 of 2012 list:
• Atlantic Motorcar, Wiscasset, Maine, atlanticmotorcar.com
• Clark’s Car Care, Naperville, Ill., clarkscarcare.com
• Dave’s Car Care, Glendale, Ariz., davescarcareaz.com
• Fix Auto Portland East, Portland, Ore., fixautobodyportland.com
• Hubbard Woods Motors, Winnetka, Ill., hubbardwoodsmotors.com
• Milstead Automotive, Spring, Texas, milsteadautomotive.com
• Motor Works, DeKalb, Ill., motorw.com
• Precision Auto Repair, Pleasanton, Calif., precisionautorepair.com
• Robert’s Auto Repair, Monterey, Calif., roberts-autorepair.com
• Tony’s Service Center, Phoenix, Ariz., tonysservicecenter.com
“These ASA members have demonstrated the importance of having a Web presence to effectively compete in the digital age. It is no longer acceptable to hope that customers will ‘find’ your business; you have to proactively promote yourself and these are excellent examples of cost-effective digital marketing. Congratulations to all the honorees for setting a great example,” said Ron Pyle, ASA president and chief staff executive.
Every year judges search many website submissions and choose the best among them. The purpose of the contest is to help other shops by showing them how other shop owners use the Internet as a tool to increase productivity, boost marketing programs, and ultimately increase their bottom lines.
Judges use specific guidelines and a scoring sheet, evaluating features of each site. Every site is evaluated on its first impression; objective/purpose; visual design; innovation; appearance; credibility; navigation; interactivity; consumer friendliness; encouraging action; technical information and social media interaction.
A feature on AutoInc.’s website will soon appear with more in-depth information. It also includes winners from previous years, and a submission form so that shops may be considered for 2013’s list.