Eight Keys to Paint and Materials Success
Steve Trapp, North America services manager for Axalta, shares a few tips that shop owners can implement to improve their paint and material usage.
- Proper coding of invoices to cost category
- Standard and limit inventory fluctuations to avoid spikes
- Limit overmix of primer, base and clear
- Measure errors (like respray and buff) and implement continuous improvement
- Technician training assessments.Offer e-learning, online virtual, in-shop and learning center training plans.
- Ongoing technical audits
- Ongoing painter round tables to review results, KPIs and brainstorm ways to improve
- Estimator calibration to ensure shops get paid for what they do