July 31, 2017—After a record year of growth and operational performance in 2016, CARSTAR is continuing that positive trend through the first half of 2017, posting a more than 40 percent increase in sales for the first six months versus 2016.
“As CARSTAR North America has operated as one network across the U.S. and Canada this year, we are seeing the positive impact on our performance in both countries," said Michael Macaluso, president, CARSTAR North America. “We have been able to fully integrate our operations, adopt best practices from each and leverage the resources and operational expertise of Driven Brands to create a platform for growth in the coming years.”
Key CARSTAR milestones in the first half of 2017 include:
- Record revenue across the North American network, which again made CARSTAR the largest MSO in North America
- Continuous growth in same center sales for the last 54 months and improved franchise profitability across the system
- Expansion through new store growth, including opening operations in North Carolina and South Carolina, putting CARSTAR North America on track to open 100 new locations in 2017
- Industry-leading KPIs including length of rental and NPS scores
- Implementation of Driven Brands' procurement programs with Meineke Car Care Centers for mechanical repairs and 1-800 Radiator and A/C for product sourcing
- Implementation of cross-border insurance program and CARSTAR Care Center to accommodate insurance carriers and their customers across North America
- Rolled out North American version of the CARSTAR Proprietary EDGE Performance Platform pioneered in the U.S.
- Expansion of the CARSTAR insurance program with significant DRP growth across North America, reflected in that some 90 percent of CARSTAR transactions are driven through insurance work
- Preparations for the inaugural CARSTAR North American Conference in Charlotte August 23-25, 2017
“With the full integration of CARSTAR’s U.S. and Canadian operations, we have a premier, powerful network upon which to build, and look forward to achieving new levels of success in the year ahead,” added Macaluso.
CARSTAR Outlines Strategic Growth Plans for 2017
For the second half of the year, CARSTAR and Driven Brands are focused on growing the CARSTAR network across the U.S. and Canada, delivering continued operational improvements and providing purchasing efficiencies. Key initiatives include:
- Driving unit growth across the U.S. and Canada through aggressive store development
- Increasing organic growth at its current locations through the CARSTAR Proprietary EDGE Performance Platform, operating efficiencies and new fleet and insurance programs
- Continuing to execute against performance-based agreements with the major insurance carriers and secure more of these relationships
- Delivering a refreshed consumer brand that showcases CARSTAR as the premier provider of collision repair services
- Leverage the Driven Brands synergies for efficiency and cost-savings
“We continue on a path of rapid growth and increased performance, and the partnership with Driven Brands continues to provide fuel to accelerate our growth,” added Macaluso. “Our store owners, our insurance partners and our vendor partners have embraced our North American model and are excited about the new benefits they bring. We look forward to finishing a great year and continuing to grow toward our 1,000-store goal.”