Ed. Foundation Offers $200K in Grants, Scholarships
Jan.16, 2018—The Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) and its industry supporters offer over $200,000 in grants and scholarships annually, and are announcing that the 2018 grant and scholarship application period is now open to high school and colleges in the fall.
“The scholarship has been a blessing in relieving some of my financial obligations while in school so that I can complete my degree. With my apprenticeship throughout the education, I feel that I will be that much farther ahead when graduation comes and I am able to pursue a full time job as a technician rather than just a helper,” said Scotty George, a 2017 CCC scholarship recipient.
George will graduate this spring with a bachelor's of science in technology management with an emphasis in collision repair technology and is currently employed at a collision repair center as a paint shop prepper and body man’s assistant.
This year’s opportunities include the following:
- 3M Hire Our Heroes Veteran Scholarships & Tool Grants
- ABRA Auto Body & Glass Tool Grants
- Atlanta I-CAR Committee Scholarships
- Bob Smith Memorial Golf Outing Scholarships
- Caliber Collision Tool Grants
- CCC Michael Salvatore Memorial Student Repair Technician Scholarships
- Collision Repair Education Foundation Board of Trustees Scholarships
- Sears VoTech Tool Grants
- The Lon Baudoux Legacy Scholarships
- Nashville I-CAR Committee Scholarship
- PPG Automotive Refinish Scholarships
- Snap-On Tool Grants
- Tim Clark Memorial Scholarships
Application information for CREF grants and scholarships can be found on their website. This year’s deadline to apply is February 15, 2018, and winners are chosen and notified by phone or mail in April and May.
“We are thankful for the collision industry support we receive that enables us to continue our scholarship and grant program for 2018. We could not offer over $200,000 in awards this year without their generous support,” sais Melissa Marscin, CREF director of grant programs. ‘I encourage all students to consider applying as the awards can be life-changing helping students to graduating without debt or with a tool box ready for employment.”