Ed. Foundation Partners with TechForce for Career Fair Events
Jan. 10, 2018—The Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) will partner with the TechForce Foundation and S/P2 on high school and college transportation career fair events throughout 2018.
The partnerships will bring together students from various parts of the automotive industry such as collision, auto service, heavy duty and diesel.
CREF will actively facilitate on-site interviews, employee related presentations and making sure students are prepared to meet company representatives.
“This is a partnership that makes absolute sense for us, and we believe for the transportation industry” says Greg Settle, director of national initiatives for the TechForce Foundation. “TechForce strives to serve as a hub for the industry, to direct people, whether they be students, parents, educators or industry, to the best resources available. We believe that the Collision Repair Education Foundation fits that bill when it comes to Career Fair Events.”
Through S/P2, attending students will complete the “Land That Job! Building a Resume” course which, upon completion, allows them to print a resume to bring to the career fairs.
“The Education Foundation career fairs are fantastic opportunities for students, instructors, and shops alike. We can all do our part to help students transition into industry with the right first employers, and S/P2 is proud to partner on that effort,” said Kyle Holt, president, S/P2.
Each event is anticipated to average over 400 students. The current spring 2018 schedule includes:
- Feb. 14 – Tampa/Orlando, Fla. – Hillsborough Community College
- Feb. 16 – Miami, Fla. – Robert Morgan Education Center & Technical College
- March 1 - San Antonio – Judson High School
- March 16 - Los Angeles – SEMA Headquarters Office
- April 6 – Chicago – Tech-Cor
- April 7 – Phoenix – LKQ
- April, 12 – Denver – TBD
- April 18-19 – Greensboro, N.C. - North Carolina SkillsUSA State Competition
- April 24 – Atlanta – Maxwell Technical High School
- April 26 – Boston – Assabet Valley Technical High School
- Dates & Locations TBD: Dallas, Houston and Nashville, Tenn.
CREF will also partner with collision industry regional/national associations, dealership associations, SkillsUSA, and others to help promote the events to attract as many students and businesses to participate.