Mike Anderson Delivers Seminar to Sold Out Crowd
Nov. 17, 2015—On Nov. 10, Mike Anderson of Collision Advice presented a seminar, “Write it Right: Estimating Best Practices,” to over 80 industry professionals in Roseville, Minn. The sold out seminar was a joint endeavor of Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota (AASP-MN) and Axalta Coating Systems.
The seminar provided information and resources to attendees on what it takes to restore a vehicle.
Highlights of the seminar included:
- Tools to help identify the not-included items, such as the DEG website, ASA Not-Included Guides and the SCRS Guide to Estimating
- How to use negotiation tools with insurers and get paid for hotly-contested items, such as prepping raw plastic, blend within a panel, “feather, prime and block”, masking operations, weld burn damage and more
- How to improve photo quality
- Utilization of line notes
- How to write a damage analysis in conjunction with 100 percent disassembly
- The importance of OEM Information and where to find it
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor when auditing the quality of estimates
“Mike is always a great draw,” said Judell Anderson, AASP-MN executive director. “His programs provide the perfect mix of technical information, practical tips and motivation. We are very pleased to have had the opportunity to partner with Axalta to share Mike’s extensive knowledge with Minnesota’s collision repair industry.”