Ten Students to Attend SkillsUSA Conference
June 13, 2016—Ten students will attend the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, Ky., after receiving grants from the Troy Holm Memorial Fund, facilitated by the Collision Repair Education Foundation.
The fund was created by PartsTrader in memory of collision industry member Troy Holm to assist students in attending the national event.
“PartsTrader congratulates these deserving state winners and wishes them continued success as they compete at the national SkillsUSA competition. Troy Holm was passionate advocate for the collision industry and there is no better way to honor him,” Dustin Whitehead, national sales manager for PartsTrader, said. “The team at PartsTrader is proud to assist these state champions as they continue their pursuit of excellence in the collision repair industry.”
The student recipients include:
- Alex Akers, Oxford Hills Technical School, Norway, Maine
- Lyric Arms, Walla Walla Community College, Walla Walla, Wash.
- Zane Butler, Greenville Tech College, Greenville, S.C.
- Daniel Graber II, Lincoln College of Technology, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Emit Hoyt, Oxford Hills Technical School, Norway, Maine
- Tyrell Kirk, Walla Walla Community College, Walla Walla, Wash.
- Eden Gabrielle Mays, Greenville Tech College, Greenville, S.C.
- Kenneth Ocasio, Central Montco Tech High School, Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
- Dariel Saldana, Automotive Training Center, Warminster, Pa.
- Shelby Woods, Southwestern Community College, Creston, Iowa