Summit e-Marketing Releases Marketing Trends Information
June 13, 2014—According to a recent release from Summit e-Marketing Sherpas, most consumers prefer finding information on the Internet, and online marketing tends to pay off.
The release outlined various statistics accumulated from multiple studies and marketing groups.
Key highlights included:
- 77 percent of consumers prefer email as the main method of promotional communication
- Email marketing generates a $40 return on investment for every $1 spent.
- 88 percent of consumers search online before purchasing a local product or service.
- 46 percent of consumers only use a mobile device to perform an online search before purchasing a local product or service.
- 72 percent of Internet users are on social media.
- 98 percent of consumers read text messages within three minutes.
- The average consumer now spends more time on their smart phone than any other device.
- 85 percent of consumers say they read online reviews for local businesses.
- 73 percent of consumers indicated that good reviews make them trust a business more.
In light of the accumulated statistics, Summit e-Marketing said companies should use email, social media and text messages to market and sell to consumers. In addition maintaining a website and creating a customer feedback strategy are also important.