Axalta Announces Participation in 46th Annual NSRA Street Rod Nationals Plus
July 29, 2015—Axalta Coating Systems announced on Tuesday its support of the 46th Annual NSRA Street Rod Nationals Plus at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky., Aug. 6-9.
Axalta will present five cars at the show including:
- Rudy Laris, Jr.’s 1955 Chevrolet Belair built by Goldman Customs and painted with Axalta’s ChromaPreimer Pro paint and Hut HuesTM custom finishes
- Bill Weber’s all-numbers-matching 1961 Chevrolet Corvette painted with Axalta’s Cromax brand paint
- Mike Rutter’s 1951 Ford Club Coupe painted with Axalta’s ChromaPreimer Pro and Cromax brand paints
- Jeff Kinsey’s 1942 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible painted with Axalta’s ChromaPreimer Pro brand paint
- Sunny and Debbie Freeman’s 1967 Corvette – Winner of the Goodguys 2015 Street Machine of the Year award and also built by Goldman Customs
Representatives from Axalta will be on hand at the event to offer attendees examples of automotive art created with its paint, including its global refinish brands: Cromax, Standox and Spies Hecker, as well the Hot Hues line of custom colors.
Axalta will also be promoting its 2015 Paint Outside the Can contest. The contest has participants unleash their creativity by using any Axalta-branded coating system to paint and decorate an unused, standard one-gallon paint can. Submissions will be displayed on certain social media channels throughout the contest, which closes Sept. 15. Six “Celebrity Picks” will be selected by industry celebrities who will vote for their favorites. Six “Fan Favorites” will also be chosen based on the number of photo “likes” the paint can receives on Axalta’s Instagram page.One “Best-in-Show” grand prize winner will be selected from the six “Celebrity Picks.”
To learn more about the Paint Outside the Can contest, click here.
To learn more about Axalta’s participation in the 46th Annual NSRA Street Rod Nationals Plus or other events that Axalta is participating in, visit its event website.