Federal-Mogul Powertrain Supplies Products for Nine of Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2015
Jan. 15, 2015—Federal-Mogul Powertrain, a division of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corporation, announced Wednesday that is has products available for nine of Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2015 model year vehicles.
Since the inception of Ward's 10 Best Engines competition 21 years ago, Federal-Mogul has designed and manufactured leading technologies for many of the engines recognized each year as the "10 Best."
2015 award-winning engines featuring Federal-Mogul Powertrain technologies include:
- BMW 127-kW Electric Motor (BMW i3 Electric Vehicle)
- BMW 1.5L Turbocharged DOHC I-3 (Mini Cooper)
- FCA 6.2L Supercharged OHV Hemi V-8 (Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat)
- FCA 3.0L Ecodiesel DOHC V-6 (Ram 1500)
- Ford 1.0L Ecoboost DOHC DI I-3 (Ford Fiesta)
- GM 6.2L LT1 OHV DI V-8 (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray)
- Subaru 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC DI H-4 Boxer (Subaru WRX)
- VW 1.8L TSI Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Volkswagen Golf)
- Volvo 2.0L Turbocharged T5 DOHC DI I-4 (Volvo S60)
Federal-Mogul Powertrain provides a wide range of components for Ward's award-winning engines, including pistons, rings, liners, valve seats and guides, bearings, bushings, sealing, gaskets and systems protection products.
Nominations for the award are limited to engines that are available in a production vehicle on sale no later than the first quarter of 2015 with a base price of no more than $60,000.