Chief’s Fume, Dust Extractors Approved for F-150 Repairs
Dec. 4, 2015—Chief’s new weld fume extractor and dust extractor have been approved by Ford Motor Co. for use when repairing collision damage on the F-150 pickup truck. The fume and dust extractors are the latest additions available through the Ford Rotunda Dealer Equipment program.
“Properly repairing collision-damaged aluminum vehicles requires specialized equipment,” says Richard Perry, OEM and strategic account sales manager for Chief. “We worked closely with Ford to develop the new holding, measuring and welding packages collision repair shops need to return damaged F-150 pickups to OEM specifications. The addition of our new fume extractor and dust extractor to the program helps protect technicians and create a clean environment while they are working on the F-150 truck.”
Chief’s fume extractor collects weld fumes at their source, which provides protection against toxic fumes. The fume extractors powder-coated arm helps prevent wear and breakage and it’s Quick Seal filter door reduces maintenance. It can be fitted with an optional arc detector that starts the extractor as soon as the technician strikes an arc to begin welding.
Chief’s dust extractor collects and contains particles that are released when aluminum body panels are sanded. It features all-stainless steel construction, which prevents corrosion from the inside once aluminum dust enters its system. The dust extractor's containment vessel can be emptied independently of its water tank.
In addition to the newly approved fume and dust extractor, the following F-150 tools are available from Chief:
- Enhanced Structural Holding Package with F-150 Specialty Holding System (#128-300001)
- F-150 Specialty Holding System (#128-300002)
- Deluxe Chain and Clamping Package with rolling cart (#128-619205)
- Collet Style Target Attachment Set for Non-Ferrous Vehicle Openings (#128-640200)
- MultiMig 511 welder with standard torch (#128-EL900011)
- MultiMig 511 welder with push-pull torch (#128-EL900012)
- MultiMig 522 dual torch welder with standard and push-pull torches (#128-EL900010)
- MultiTool Aluminum Dent Repair Station (#128-EL930001)