WIN Announces 2015 Scholarship Winners
April 8, 2015—The Women's Industry Network (WIN) recently announced the winners of the organization's 2015 scholarships.
Recipients of the WIN scholarships demonstrate their desire to excel in the field of collision repair and will receive tuition assistance, as well as educational opportunities.
The scholarships are generated through donations from WIN sponsors and by special events.
WIN awarded two different types of scholarships.
The first is the College Student Tuition and Conference Scholarship Award, which goes to students enrolled in a post-secondary collision repair technology program. Each scholarship recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship, a one-year WIN Membership, plus registration fee and travel expenses to attend the 2015 Educational Conference.
Winners of the 2014 College Scholarships are:
- Shelby Woods, who attends Southwestern Iowa Community College in Creston, Iowa
- Faith Schoovaerts, who attends Washburn Tech in Topeka, Kansas
- Leni Casares, who attends Lake Technical Center in Eustis, Fla.
- Claudia Felici, who attends Texas State Technical College in Harlingen, Texas
- Corina Rutland, Moutrie Technical College in Moultrie, Ga
The High School Tuition Scholarship Awards are presented to students enrolled in a secondary collision repair technology program who plan to continue their studies at a technical school or college. Each scholarship winner will receive a $1,000 and a one-year WIN membership.
This year's winners are:
- Kayla Adams, who attends Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Maria Carmen Mendez, who attends the Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, Calif
- Jasmine Herrera, who plans to attend Ohio Technical in Cleveland in the fall
In addition to tuition scholarships, recipients will have the opportunity to be mentored by a 2015 Most Influential Women honoree.