WIN announces 2012 conference scholarship winners
April 9, 2012—The Women’s Industry Network (WIN) on Monday announced the nine individuals who were awarded with scholarships to attend the organization’s 2012 conference, which is scheduled for May 6-8 at the Intercontinental Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta.
The following people were awarded with student scholarships:
• Jennifer Watkins, Lincoln College of Technology
• Le-‘Trinia Ervin, Parkland College
• Leslie Mendoza, Laramie County Community College
• Tiffany Owens, Blue Ridge Community College
• Nicolette Cole, Nashville Auto Diesel College
• Kinsey Simmons, College of Western Idaho
The following collision repair shop employees were also awarded with scholarships:
• Deborah Okean, owner of MI NoDents
• Jessica Gauthier, painter’s helper at Hinshaw’s Auto Body
In addition, WIN awarded an instructor scholarship to Greg Brink, collision repair instructor at Kishwaukee College.
“We believe that we have an obligation to support young women who choose to enter our industry, and helping them attend our conference to learn and to meet other women in the industry is one way to do that,” said Teresa Bolton, chair of WIN’s scholarship committee.
WIN said it’s 2012 conference, titled “Be the Change,” will feature several presentations and networking opportunities for attendees. Keynote speakers scheduled to present during the event include adventure racer, firefighter and motivational speaker Robyn Benincasa, and Cathy Bonner, CEO of Service King Collision Repair Centers.
For more information, visit womensindustrynetwork.com.