Lincoln Electric Launches Weld Parameter Mobile App
April 4, 2014—Lincoln Electric introduced its new mobile application designed to provide common weld settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW processes.
The Weld Parameter Guide app is available for Apple iOS and Android devices.
Welders can use the app to find the correct welding parameters for their projects, welding process, material and thickness. Designed for welders in the shop or in the field, the app provides access to information to set up weld operations on the go, with no Internet or Wi-Fi connection required.
The App’s key features include:
- Graphical interface, featuring icon-based menus.
- Dynamic, “smart” look-up tables—As the user enters data, each additional parameter range is narrowed based on the valid options remaining.
- U.S. and metric settings option.
- Typical machine settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW welding processes.
- Steel and stainless steel material machines settings for SMAW.
- Aluminum, steel and stainless steel material machine settings for GMAW/FCAW and GTAW.
- Integrated Data – No need for Wi-Fi/Internet access. Great for remote locations where cell phone/Internet service is limited.
- Notes section that allows the user to add additional weld set-up information.
"We have been working hard to launch products and support materials targeted toward a more technology-enabled customer base,” said Tom Matthews, senior vice president, technology and R&D. “Mobile-ready tools like this Weld Parameter Guide are designed to make our customers more productive – when and where they need it most.”
For more information, visit lincolnelectric.com.