Mayfield Collision Center
Photo by Marcus Bierbaum
SHOP: Mayfield Collision Centers LOCATION: Bedford Heights, Ohio OWNER: Tom Griffin
1) When Mayfield Collision Centers started to outgrow its original location in South Euclid, owner Tom Griffin found the perfect space in Bedford Heights to add a second location, thanks to this building’s 10,000-square-foot floor. Griffin completely renovated the abandoned carpet and tile warehouse, working closely with the local government.
2) Griffin designed the shop floor with the help of Sherwin-Williams, and installed two new Garmat downdraft paint booths. The booths provide higher velocity airflow to cut down on drying time.
3) The production space is equipped with two Car-O-Liner unibody frame machines. The shop also uses a Car-O-Liner computerized frame measuring system that guides the entire repair process and performs automatic centering, measuring and documentation. The system generates numerous reports detailing the condition of the car for the claims adjuster or the customer.
4) The shop is fitted with Car-O-Liner CR500 DA resistance spot welders, which Griffin selected for their inverter technology. The welders allow technicians to perform a number of welding methods, including two-sided spot welding, spot hammer welding, and stitch welding.
5) To ease customer concerns, the shop invested in Audatex AutoWatch, a service that allows customers to watch their repair through online photos, receive status updates, and communicate directly with the assigned service advisor.
6) To maintain a bright facility, the shop floor is equipped with T5 fluorescent lights. Not only do they produce more light so fewer light fixtures are needed, the fluorescent lights are also energy efficient and don’t lose their brightness with age, like metal halide style light bulbs do.
Do you have a stand-out building, shop space, office or lobby? Submit your info to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may contact you for a full write-up on the view in your shop.