WIN Announces Conference Scholarship Winners
April 12, 2013—The Women’s Industry Network (WIN) on Friday announced the recipients who have won scholarships to attend the 2013 WIN Educational Conference May 5-7 at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Phoenix.
WIN’s conference scholarships are available to all female students and employees within the collision repair industry. The student scholarships include coverage of conference registration, two nights of hotel expense, $250 toward travel expenses, and one-year membership to WIN. The shop employee scholarships provide coverage of conference registration, $125 toward travel expenses, and one-year membership to WIN.
The student scholarships were awarded to the following:
- Zoe Gorow, student at Lake Washington Institute of Technology in Kirkland, Wash.
- Kaitlyn Lease, student at Lexington Technology Center in Columbia, S.C.
The shop employee scholarships were presented to:
- Lindsey Hassevoort, customer service representative at Holland Auto Body Xperts CARSTAR in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Myssee Grysen, customer service representative at Holland Auto Body Xperts CARSTAR in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Melissa Kaboos, collision repair teaching assistant at Kent Career Technical Center in Hudsonville, Mich.
- Amanda Bolton, estimator at Gerber Collision & Glass in Jessup, Md.
“Supporting young women that have chosen to enter the collision repair industry is really what WIN is all about,” said Beverly Rook-Twibell, member of WIN’s Scholarship Committee. “Giving them an opportunity to attend our conference is an educational opportunity and a way to meet other supportive and knowledgeable women in the industry.”