Ford Approves Chief, Elektron for New Aluminum F-150
Jan. 16, 2014—Ford announced on Wednesday that it has approved Chief Automotive Technologies and Elektron collision repair equipment for use on its new 2015 F-150 pickup truck.
The new vehicle is redesigned to include military-grade aluminum, which requires specific repair equipment.
Ford added a number of Chief and Elektron products to its Rotunda Dealer Equipment program that is approved for such repairs, and is encouraging its dealers to invest in not only the new equipment, but proper training.
Ford has approved the following F-150 special tools:
- Chief Structural Holding with F-150 Kit - Complete (part #128-3000001).
- Chief F-150 Holding Kit (part #128-300002).
- Chief Deluxe Chain and Clamping Package with Rolling Cart (part #128-619205).
- Chief Collet Style Target Attachment Set for Non-Ferrous Vehicle Openings (part #128-540-200).
- Elektron MultiMig 511 Welder with Standard Torch (part #128-EL900011).
- Elektron MultiMig 511 Welder with Push-Pull Torch (part # 128-EL900012).
- Elektron MultiMig 522 Dual Torch Welder Complete with Standard and Push-Pull Torch (part #128-EL900010).
- Elektron MultiTool Aluminum Dent Repair Station (part #128-EL930001).
Training on the new equipment and repair methods will also be available through Chief University later this year.
Additional information about the full line of collision repair equipment and the course offerings available can be found on Chief’s website, or by calling 800.445.9262.