And the winners of the DuPont Calendar Competition are…
September 17, 2010—DuPont Performance Coatings announced on Friday its 12 winners for the 2011 Calendar Competition.
The winners are:
• 1932 Ford All Steel Roadster—Richard and Paige Udell, Bigfork, Mont.;
• 1933 Ford 3-Window—Gary Hagar, the h.a.c.k. shack inc., Rogers, Ark.;
• 1936 Ford Pickup—Dave Moreau, Montverde, Fla.;
• 1951 Mercury Coupe—Bill Balogh, Itasca, Ill.;
• 1957 Chevy Belair—Todd Ebeling, Ben's Custom Paint, Portland, Ore.;
• 1963 Ford Falcon Sprint—Painter: Tim Strange, Strange Motion, Cambridge, Ill.;
• 1995 Ford Mustang GT Racecar—Randy Moore, Benton, Ky.;
• 2005 Don Davis 243" Rear Engine Dragster—Robert Tehle, Billings, Mont.;
• 2006 Roadglide Harley—Tim Alcalde, Alcalde Customs, Arlington Heights, Ill.;
• 2008 Pontiac Solstice—Gary Gardella, Gardella Racing, Howell, N.J.;
• 2010 WideBody Camaro SS—Rick Spade, Spade Kreations, Cincinnati, Ohio;
• 2010 DeFew Custom Harley Chopper Harley—Jim Defew, DeFew’s Custom Painting, Benton, Ky.
The winners’ cars were selected from entries that were custom-painted with DuPont Refinish, Hot Hues or Cromax Pro Paint products. The judging was based on best use of color, technical difficulty and design originality. Each winner will receive a cash prize, a professional photo shoot and will be featured in the 2011 DuPont Hot Hues calendar.
Richard and Paige Udell are the grand prize winners of an additional $2,000 and their Ford All Steel Roadster will be on the cover of the calendar.
Images of all the winning cars will be available on DuPont’s website in October: hothuescalendar.dupont.com.