DuPont names 2012 Calendar Competition winners
July 15, 2011 — DuPont Performance Coatings on Friday announced the twelve winners of its 2012 Calendar Competition.
The winners were chosen from entries of vehicles painted with DuPont Refinish, Hot Hues, or Cromax Pro Waterborne products. Judging was based on best use of color, including finish quality, technical difficulty and design originality.
Scott White of Orient, Ohio, submitted the top entry, a 1936 Terraplane Express Cab truck. His vehicle will be featured on the calendar cover and he’ll get a $2,500 cash prize. All other winners will be featured inside the calendar and their owners will receive $500. All vehicles will be photographed professionally.
The winning vehicles will also be featured on hand-held planners, journals and mouse pads.
The other 11 winners are:
• Ron Bavis, Body Works Ltd., Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada, 1963 Chevrolet C-10 Pick-up;
• Bob Bodish, Top Gun Customs, Garnavillo, Iowa, 1949 Chevrolet C-10;
• Tim Brown, Certified Collision, Jacksonville, Fla., 1961Chevrolet Impala;
• Brian Butler, East Coast Restorations, Greenwood, Del., 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air;
• Dedrick Duplantis, Metairie, La., 1937 Ford Sedan Delivery;
• Pete Hagan, Hagan Street Rods, New Bremen, Ohio, 1933 Ford Roadster/Coupe;
• Micky Heflin, Benton, Ky., 1933 Ford Speedstar;
• Dave Hummer, Ballston Spa, N.Y., 1930Ford A Tudor Sedan;
• Harold Murphy, Murphy’s Paint & Body, West Palm Beach, Fla., 1955 Ford F-100;
• Derick Samson, Samson Design, Marshall, Mo.; 1951 Chevrolet Business Coupe;
• Derek White, Street Vizions Hotrods and Custom Paint, Pottstown, Pa.; 1970 AMC AMX.