WIN Announces Winners of Photo Challenge
Oct. 14, 2013—The Women’s Industry Network (WIN) has announced the nine winners of its Faces & Places Photo Challenge, whose pictures will be featured on a poster distributed to more than 1,100 technical schools and colleges later this fall to promote the variety of opportunities for women throughout the automotive industry.
The “There’s a Place for You” poster features photos reflecting women in positions such as paint technician, insurance estimator, body technician, research and development, marketing, chemical technician, glass repair technician and industry retail.
Winning photos include:
• Sarah Venus, R & D intern at Sherwin Williams, submitted by Jill Vento
• Bobbie Jo Watkins, R & I technician at Nagy’s Collision, submitted by Terri Neely
• Christy Jones, collision repair concierge at R. Jones Collision, submitted by Christy Jones
• Heidi Benson, associate chemist at Sherwin Williams, submitted by Jill Vento
• Kristina Shaver, student, tool crib attendant at Baker College, submitted by Dan Treahy
• Mary Kunz, marketing director at Professional Parts Group, submitted by Christopher Northup
• Melissa Kalloo, collision repair student at Thomas A Edison CTE High School, submitted by Barry Roopnarine
• Nancy Abdelshahid, R & D intern at Sherwin Williams, submitted by Jill Vento
• Contestant in the Windshield Repair Olympics, submitted by Deb Levy
The poster will be available while supplies last at the WIN booth (No. 1852) at NACE Oct. 16–17 in exchange for a $20 donation to the WIN Scholarship fund
“We are excited to reveal the new recruiting poster at NACE and would like to thank the many industry professionals who submitted photos as well as the subjects of those great pictures,” said Ruth Weniger of Airbag Solutions and chair of WIN’s communications committee.