Collision Repair Education Foundation announces 2011 scholarship winners
May 12, 2011—The Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) announced recipients of the 2011 CREF Scholarship, Lon Baudoux Legacy Scholarship and the CREF Board of Trustees Scholarship.
The scholarships provide students with financial assistance for costs associated with their collision education, and are part of more than $90,000 in scholarships given out in April 2011 by the CREF, according to the organization.
The CREF Scholarship is in its fourth year. Two students received a $5,000 scholarship, and eight students received a $2,000 scholarship.
Recipients of the $5,000 CREF Scholarship include:
• Eric Rhom, Dennis Technical Education in Boise, Idaho
• Johnathan Freeders, Ohio Technical College in Cleveland, Ohio
Recipients of the $2,000 CREF Scholarship include:
• Chance Brickner, Sentinel Career Center in Tiffin, Ohio
• Joseph Burke, Technical Education Center in Bedford, Texas
• Jesse Lapinski, Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School in Northampton, Mass.
• Colton Tomisek, Kishwaukee College in Malta, Ill.
• Wayne Ashley, Green River Community College in Auburn, Wash.
• Daryl Edwin Barrell, Hennepin Technical College in Eden Prairie, Minn.
• Nicole Moore, Manhattan Area Technical College in Manhattan, Kan.
• Donald Nunn, Longview Community College in Lee's Summit, Mo.
The $1,000 Lon Baudoux Legacy Scholarship was awarded to Justin Furman, a student at Tuscola Technology Center in Caro, Mich.
The $2,000 CREF Board of Trustees Scholarship was awarded to Tony Carr, a student at Texas State Technical College in Harlingen, Texas.
“It is the collective efforts of everyone in the collision industry that will allow us to support collision repair schools and students to the levels they need and deserve,” said Scott Kruger, executive director of the CREF. “Our foundation’s name and these scholarships reflect that combined commitment of the entire collision repair community to invest in the future of these young men and women as we invest in the future of our industry.”
Industry members and companies interested in sponsoring their own student scholarship through the CREF should contact Brandon Eckenrode, associate director of development for the CREF, at Brandon.Eckenrode@ed-foundation.org.