SCRS announces five industry achievement awards
March 16, 2011, SECAUCUS, N.J.—The Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) gave away five awards Wednesday during its Corporate Awards Luncheon in Secaucus, N.J.
The awards and recipients are as follows:
• Affiliate Award, presented to the Houston Auto Body Association.
• Collision Industry Non-Individual Service Award, presented to online social networking site Collision Hub.
• Humanitarian Award, presented to I-CAR instructor Toby Chess.
• Regional Lifetime Achievement Award, presented to Ed Kizenberger, executive director of the New York State Auto Collision Technician Association.
• Special Recognition Award, presented to Greg Coccaro, owner of North State Custom in Westchester, N.Y., for his efforts in successfully defending a highly publicized insurance fraud case against his shop.
“These awards are one way for us to promote all of the good efforts, hard work and dedication that goes on throughout the year by people who make our industry a better place,” said Aaron Schulenburg, executive director of the SCRS. “These people deserve to be recognized by their peers and their industry, and be shown that their efforts are appreciated.”