AkzoNobel recognizes MIW, FIT Sustainability award winners
SALT LAKE CITY, July 21, 2011 — AkzoNobel Car Refinishes North America on Tuesday recognized recipients of its 2011 Most Influential Women (MIW) in the Collision Repair Industry and 2011 FIT Sustainability awards during a gala at the Grand America Hotel.
Five women were presented with the MIW award, which is meant to promote the contributions of key leaders and grow the future involvement of a valuable resource pool for the industry, according to AkzoNobel. Award recipients include:
• Susanna Gotsch, CCC Information Services Inc., Chicago;
• Jennifer Justice-Haley, Valley Paint & Body Inc., Amelia, Ohio;
• Sharon Mazanec, Collision Industry Business Consultant, Junction, Texas;
• Michelle Rolls, Queensway Fix Auto Collision, Prince George, British Columbia;
• Barbara Davies, Autobody News, Carlsbad, Calif.
“Diversity brings strength to any successful endeavor,” said AB Ghosh, general manager for AkzoNobel Car Refinishes North America. “The 2011 MIW nominees demonstrate the cross section of contributors that provide continuity and leadership. This recognition is a cornerstone institution for our industry. We are honored to celebrate the accomplishments of these leaders and sustain this tradition.“
Three shops were also presented with the FIT Sustainability award. The FIT award—which stands for focus, innovation and talent—is given to shops using eco-friendly business practices. The recipients are as follows:
• Lafontaine Automotive Group, Highland, Mich.;
• Mark’s Auto Body, Burnaby & Port Coquitlam, British Columbia;
• Moody’s Collision Centers, Gorham, Maine;
“Our 2011 nominees visibly demonstrate the marathon nature of creating sustainable businesses,” said Mike Shesterkin, manager of sustainability and business process improvement for AkzoNobel. “They are different in geographic locations, size, scope and focus regarding initiatives that they are undertaking. However, they are alike in that they all recognize a global need and share a common bond in their aggressive pursuit to deliver sustainable environmentally focused business solutions to the collision repair industry.”