AkzoNobel offers Sustainability Leadership Symposium
July 7, 2011 — AkzoNobel has scheduled its first in a series of Sustainability Leadership Symposiums to boost industry focus, understanding and action regarding sustainability.
The first symposium is set for July 20 at the Grand American Hotel in Salt Lake City, during the I-CAR Industry Event.
“The objective of this inaugural [symposium] is to engage key industry stakeholders in constructive dialogue about what it will take to move the collision repair industry towards a sustainable business model,” said Mike Shesterkin, manager of sustainability and business process improvement for AkzoNobel Automotive & Aerospace Coatings Americas. “This model needs to be one that can be quantified in ways that demonstrate a triple bottom lineâŽ¯people, planet and profit.”
Dr. Debra Steketee, an associate professor of sustainable business and executive director for the Center of Sustainability at Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Mich., will moderate the program. Panelists will include:
• Thad and Shawn Moody, Moody’s Collision Centers, Gorham Maine
• Mark Milacic, Mark’s Autobody Ltd., British Columbia, Canada
• Ryan LaFontaine, LaFontaine Automotive Group, Highland, Mich.
• Chris Evans, State Farm Insurance, Bloomington, Ill.
• Rocco Neglia, Economical Insurance Group, Waterloo, Ontario
• Chris Bunbury, Environmental Risk Managers, Leland, Mich.
• Robby Robbs, NuCon Services
• Rick Fifer, AkzoNobel, Norcross, Ga.
AkzoNobel’s 2011FIT Sustainability Awards ceremony will take place the day before the symposium. The awards recognize visionary businesses using sustainable business practices.
For more information on AKzoNobel, go to akzonobel.com.