CCAR recognizes eight green shops
Jan. 17, 2011 — Eight shops committed to eco-friendly, healthy and safe practices were recognized this month with the Coordinating Committee for Automotive Repair’s (CCAR) GreenLink Shop status.
The GreenLink program, now in its second year, was designed to promote consumer confidence in local repair shops’ environmental and safety practices. It is an extension of the CCAR-GreenLink Environmental Compliance Assistance Center and the S/P2 Safety and Pollution Prevention E-learning program.
Shops seeking GreenLink status must meet high environmental, health and safety standards in business operations, training, safety and environmental management. Both collision repair and service facilities are eligible, but the criteria differs for each.
The following shops achieved GreenLink status this year:
• Cole’s Collision Center, Colonie, N.Y.
• Cole’s Spa Body Works, Ballston Spa, N.Y.
• Cole’s Spa Body Works, Wilton, N.Y.
• Cox Auto Body Center, Bradenton, Fla.
• Don Valens’ Autobody, Clovis, Calif.
• Earl’s Body Shop, Beaufort, S.C.
• IFM Collision Center, Bedford Hills, N.Y.
• Sawgrass Ford Collision Center, Sunrise, Fla.
“We are pleased to begin the second year of the GreenLink Shop program with such an outstanding group of facilities,” said Daren Fristoe, CCAR president and chief operating officer. “They are evidence of the growing recognition in our industry that a commitment to workplace safety and environmental best practices play a key role in business operations.”
Click here for more information on the GreenLink program.