AYES announces 2012 board members
Dec. 7, 2011—Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES) recently announced the officers appointed to its 2012 board of directors.
AYES’ 2012 board of directors includes the following:
• Mike Durkin, director of dealer service and warranty operations for GM Customer Care and Aftersales in Warren, Mich., was appointed as chairman.
• Gregory Settle, manager of learning and performance operations for Mercedes-Benz USA in Montvale, N.J., was appointed as vice-chairman.
• Dan Vespertino, director of service operations for Subaru of America Inc. in Cherry Hill, N.J., was appointed as treasurer.
• Dave Camden, vice president of dealer operations for Toyota Motor Sales in Torrance, Calif., was appointed as secretary.
• Roger Foss, formerly of Toyota Motor Sales, will serve as past-chairman.
“The talented and dedicated group of individuals serving on the AYES board of directors is one of our core strengths,” said Chuck Roberts, president and CEO of AYES. “With their guidance, AYES will continue to deliver the caliber of student and entry-level technician that the service industry demands. Through the vision of past-chairman Roger Foss and the hard work of many others, AYES is well-positioned for the future and expanding its reach across the entire automotive service industry.”
Leesburg, Va.-based AYES is a school-to-career process for high school automotive technology students. The organization encourages quality students with a good mechanical aptitude to pursue careers in the field of automotive technology, and prepares them for entry-level positions.
AYES said the organization is funded through contributions from automotive manufacturers, distributors and suppliers, automotive dealer and aftermarket service providers, industry trade associations, and state Departments of Education and Labor.
For more information, visit ayes.org.