I-CAR Launches Enhancements to Education, Recognition Programs
Oct. 11, 2019—I-CAR has announced the launch of enhancements to its core education and recognition programs following a multiyear effort to evaluate, update and augment its existing curriculum and recognition offerings.
The result is an “Even Better I-CAR,” featuring enhanced courses and programs, an improved student experience, plus better and more flexible pricing options, and a series of program updates that will help ensure that repair technicians possess the right knowledge and skill level to repair cars right.
“Our enhanced core education and recognition programs are designed to equip collision shop owners and technicians with the most advanced knowledge and tools they need to conduct complete, safe and quality repairs in the face of the ‘Technical Tsunami’,” said John Van Alstyne, I-CAR CEO and president.
I-CAR’s technology updates extend to its new website and myI-CAR portal interface, which launched simultaneously with all of the program enhancements. They offer visitors a more effective and efficient user experience to deliver content faster.
Some of the enhancements include:
- More than 275 courses offered by I-CAR, including a portfolio of vehicle and technology specific training courses, new hands-on skills development courses, welding courses and 128 new and updated Core Curriculum courses delivered live, online and virtually.
- Gold-Class and Platinum requirements that raise the knowledge and skills training bar,
- New training subscription that provides unlimited live, online and virtual training for technicians and all employees at Gold Class shops.
- The recertification period for welding moves from five to three years to help maintain technicians’ welding skills, and no longer requires full course completion; rather, just skill reverification; thus recertification will now feature a lower price.
- With the launch of the Even Better I-CAR, all processing fees to redeem I-CAR credit for approved Industry Training Alliance courses have been eliminated, thanks to the Sustaining Partner program in which Alliance partners now participate. In addition, training record credit is automatically applied via direct data feeds from Alliance partners.
For organizations that achieved Gold Class recognition and for individuals who achieved Platinum recognition by Oct. 1, I-CAR is grandfathering their current recognition status and outlining a path to transition to the enhanced requirements over the next few years.