Snap-on Offers Intelligent Diagnostic Products
July 15, 2019—Snap-on recently released a line of Intelligent Diagnostics products.
Intelligent Diagnostics saves technicians time by intuitively guiding them straight through the diagnostic workflow, from pinpointing the problem, to finding the fix – while eliminating the steps they don’t need. Only information that is relevant to the specific vehicle and fault code is displayed in one scrolling, screen.
Intelligent Diagnostics uses “Smart Data” to automatically configure the display to show vehicle data parameters (PID) relevant to the fault code, while non-related data parameters are filtered out to save time. It also highlights vehicle data that is out of expected range. In addition, Intelligent Diagnostic offers the extra assurances of SureTrack expert information, technical service bulletins (TSB) and quick access to functional tests and resets.
Intelligent Diagnostics uses a step-by-step diagnostic process:
- Step 1: Check for codes. Diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) are still the first and source of clues to narrow the search. Once it’s known if there is a code, go to step two and use the code or symptom to determine a likely cause. Identifying a code opens up the possibilities of putting the Intelligent Diagnostic software to best use.
- Step 2: Smart data filters unrelated PIDs so technicians only need to look at what is relevant to the code. It also automatically sets PID triggers, which will flag PID red or blue, out of limits or within limits.
- Step 3: Search factory technical service bulletins. Intelligent diagnostics narrow down the TSBs to only those for that code. TSBs have become a critical time saver with OEM experience on failures after a vehicle has been on the road for a while. They are a great companion to fault codes and SureTrack. Intelligent Diagnostics takes users directly to the TSBs related to the DTC they are investigating.
- Step 4: Check SureTrack for real world answers. SureTrack is a powerful tool that offers precise answers. It takes the clues: vehicle, code and symptom, and shows the most common parts used to repair similar vehicles and problems.
- Step 5: Use functional tests or component tests to pinpoint and verify the problem. Using Intelligent Diagnostics, Fast-Track Guided Component Tests (available for TRITON-D and ZEUS) take technicians to the specific information they need, relevant to that code, showing what to test, how to connect and what results to look for.