PPG Gains High Marks for Corporate Equality
April 1, 2019—PPG announced last week that the company received a score of 90 percent on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
The index evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices, including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBTQ community. PPG’s policies and practices in these areas resulted in a 90 percent ranking on the CEI.
The CEI evaluated and assigned full credit to PPG for each of these categories:
- Prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation for all operations
- Prohibits discrimination based on gender identity or expression for all operations
- Parity between same and different-sex spousal benefits
- Has employer-supported employee resource group or firm-wide diversity council
- Positively engages the external LGBTQ community
- Offers transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage
- Demonstrates numerous LGBTQ internal best practices across workforce
- Engages in corporate social responsibility