Multiple Cadillac Models Land on Survey of Least Reliable Cars
March 25, 2019—Consumer Reports recently released a list of the 10 least reliable cars, and several luxury models performed rather poorly.
Consumer Reports studies 17 trouble areas from nuisances, such as squeaky brakes, to major bummers such as out-of-warranty transmission repairs and trouble with four-wheel-drive systems.
The Volkswagen Atlas, for example has trouble spots with climate system, steering and suspension, and power equipment.
Among other noteworthy survey findings:
- The Cadillac CTS has trouble spots with the climate system, drive system and transmission.
- The Alfa Romeo Giulia has trouble spots with power equipment, engine and in-car electronics.
- The Kia Cadenza has trouble spots with engine cooling, emissions and fuel systems, and climate system.
- The Cadillac Escalade has trouble spots with the climate system, transmission, and in-car electronics.
- The Cadillac CT6 has trouble spots with the climate system, transmission and in-car electronics.
- The Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD has trouble spots with the fuel and emissions systems, drive system, and steering and suspension.
- The Tesla Model X has trouble with the body hardware, paint and trim, in-car electronics and noises and leaks.
- The Buick Enclave has trouble with the transmission, power equipment, noises and leaks.
- The Jaguar F-Pace has trouble with in-car electronics, drive system, power equipment, noises and leaks.