CCC Reveals 2019 Crash Course Report
March 13, 2019—CCC Information Services announced on Tuesday the availability of its 2019 Crash Course report.
In the report – titled RETHINK – CCC industry analyst Susanna Gotsch explores how the auto industry is reimagining and transforming itself to address fundamental shifts in vehicle technology, car ownership, and consumer demand for modern, self-directed experiences.
Crash Course draws from a variety of resources and data, including nearly 200 million claims-related transactions, 50 billion miles worth of driving data, and more than 20 years of injury data processed using solutions offered by CCC and its affiliates.
Key themes covered in 2019 Crash Course include:
- Car ownership – As ride-sharing options grow and ADAS-to-autonomous vehicles mature, the one-vehicle to one-person model may be phasing out, causing the lines between key players in the vehicle lifecycle to blur.
- Driving – While new technologies will forever alter the role of drivers, humans will remain involved and their experience with the car, the insurer, or a repairer – in the event of an accident – will need to meet new expectations for service, which is likely mobile-first.
- Car insurance – Increased vehicle technology and consumer demand for speed and convenience are combining to create a more complex insurance process, from underwriting to claims and repair management.
- Accidents – ADAS-equipped vehicles are altering accident and injury frequency and severity in expected and unexpected ways. For insurers and automakers, the minutes following an accident are key moments of truth for their brand and their commitment to drivers.
- Repairs – More sophisticated vehicles are creating a constant need for repairers to have access to tooling, training, data, and parts to ensure quality, timely repairs.