Ford Recalls 953K for Exploding Airbags
Jan. 7, 2019—Ford issued a recall on Friday of nearly 1 million vehicles in North America, reported the Detroit Free Press. There is a risk of flying shrapnel caused by exploding Takata airbag inflators.
The latest action involves more than 953,000 Ford vehicles worldwide — including 782,384 in the U.S. and its territories and 149,652 in Canada.
Seven Ford and Lincoln vehicles are named in the recall:
- Ford Edge, 2010, built in Oakville
- Lincoln MKX, 2010 built in Oakville
- Ford Ranger, 2010 and 2011 built in the Twin Cities
- Ford Fusion, 2010 to 2012 built in the Hermosillo Assembly Plant
- Lincoln MKZ, 2010 to 2012 built in the Hermosillo
- Mercury Milan, 2010 and 2011 built in the Hermosillo
- Ford Mustang, 2010 to 2014 built in Flat Rock