6 Tips for Better Phone Communication
Nancy Friedman, who is known throughout the industry as the Telephone Doctor, is a keynote speaker for automotive companies of all sizes. Friedman’s client list includes CARSTAR, Big O Tires, Christian Brothers Automotive, Goodyear, Tire Pro and Midas. Friedman shares six tips for better phone communication.
1. Just as you brush your teeth every day; you need to practice customer service and communication tips daily, says Friedman.
2. Management needs to speak the same language as employees, Friedman explains. If management is not on board with the information, don’t expect it to get to the team.
3. “People Before Paperwork.” Paper can wait; people should not need to, Friedman says. When you get a call, stop everything and handle that.
4. Don’t rush the caller. Rushing threatens people. Being busy does not give you the right to be rude, says Friedman.
5. When working with women, don’t assume anything. Some are familiar with cars and some are not, says Friedman.
“It’s ok to ask,” Friedman explains.
6. The little things go a long way.
“Please, thank you and you’re welcome are awesome words,” Friedman says.