Chevrolet Design Awards Focus on Specialty Equipment Diversity
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 1, 2018—On Wednesday at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Chevrolet presented six SEMA Design Awards. The Chevrolet Design Awards are annual recognitions of creative performance styling among feature vehicles at the SEMA Show.
Each year, the award’s judges scour the show floor in search of innovative designs to honor. This year, the award honorees symbolize the diversity of the speciality equipment market, representing several niches within the auto industry.
This year’s winners included the following:
- Crate Engine: ’70 Chevelle from the Roadster Shop
- Parts & Accessories: ’68 C10 from Creative Rod & Kustom
- Classic of the Year: ’42 Pickup from Big Oak Garage
- Designers Choice: ’81 K2500 from HS Customs
- Truck of the Year: ’56 Pickup from Premier Street Rod Parts
- Car of the Year: ’58 Corvette from Heartland Customs