Enterprise Holdings Exceeds $78M Annually in Mich.
July 31, 2018—Enterprise Holdings Inc., the world's largest car rental company, generates more than $78 million every year in Michigan.
Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand, as well as National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car, through an integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, at more than 10,000 fully staffed airport and neighborhood offices worldwide.
Since its entry into the Michigan market four years ago, Enterprise Truck Rental has grown statewide to include locations in Warren, Romulus, Wixom, and Grand Rapids. In March, the business expanded further with the opening of its newest location in Saginaw.
Enterprise Truck Rental provides an extensive inventory of commercial trucks, moving trucks, vans, and tow-capable pickups, as well as vehicle telematics.
During Enterprise Holdings' fiscal year 2017, the company's impact on the Michigan economy was more than $78 million, including:
- Nearly $22 million in state and local tax revenues;
- Nearly $13.5 million spent with local collision repair centers, dealerships, and vendors;
- More than $42 million in companywide purchases from local diverse suppliers;
- Nearly $650,000 raised by employees and matching Enterprise Holdings Foundation donations for the United Way for Southeastern Michigan; and
- More than $288,000 in donations by the Enterprise Holdings Foundation to such local charities as Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan, Kids' Food Basket, and On My Own of Michigan.