Snap-on Introduces Diagnostic Thermal Imager Elite
July 30, 2018—The new Diagnostic Thermal Imager Elite from Snap-on uses infrared technology to reveal heat caused by friction, electrical resistance, pressure changes and more to help professional technicians track down vehicle faults and find the fix faster, without having to hope or guess that the code was the right one after all.
Key features of the Diagnostic Thermal Imager Elite include:
- Point at any area of the vehicle for detailed images of the object’s heat signature
- Customized views on screen to assist in diagnosis and pinpointing location
- Image blending, split screen view, picture-in-picture view and record a 20 second video
- Pull trigger to capture images; then use saved images to create convincing repair orders; save, store and print
- Detects problems all around the vehicle: brakes, heated seats, misfires, HVAC, worn bearings, belts, emission controls and more
- Reference images show normal and failed components so technicians know what to look for
When connected to Wi-Fi, every image captured with the Diagnostic Thermal Imager Elite is automatically uploaded to the cloud via Snap-on’s new Wi-Fi sharing service, AltusDrive.com.
Technicians can then access the images from their phone or computer whenever they need them, helping to make the next diagnosis and repair faster and more accurate.