ALI names new chairman
Nov. 19, 2012—The Automotive Lift Institute (ALI), a trade association of North American vehicle lift manufacturers, recently elected Jerome Lentz of Challenger Lifts in Louisville, Ky., as chairman of its board of directors.
Lentz succeeds Douglas Grunnet of Streator, Ill.-based Stertil-KONI USA in the chairman position. Grunnet served a three-year term as chairman of ALI’s board of directors.
ALI also announced that the following board members will continue serving the organization:
• Gary Kennon of Vehicle Service Group in Madison, Ind.
• Gary DiAngelo of Wheeltronic Ltd. in Mississauga, Ontario
• Jeff Kritzer of BendPak Inc. in Santa Paula, Calif.
• Pete Liebetreu of Hunter Engineering Co. in Bridgeton, Mo.
• R.W. O’Gorman, president of ALI
ALI, which was founded in 1945, is a trade association that promotes the safe design, construction, installation, service, inspection and use of automotive lifts. The organization also sponsors several national automotive lift safety standards, and offers third-party certification programs for automotive lifts and lift inspectors.
For more information about ALI’s member companies, certification programs or inspection programs, visit autolift.org.