4 Musts for Improved Profitability
During the annual 2017 FenderBender Management Conference, Brian Greenley, president of Greenley Enterprises Corporation DBA Maaco Collision Repair and Auto Painting, presented on profitability in all aspects of your collision repair shop: parts, payroll, materials, etc.
In his presentation, Greenley offers some of his best tips for parts profitability that any owner can easily implement in his or her shop.
- Understand your margin between the following:
- Evaluate your parts logistics (i.e. cheapest parts, or single source)
- Manage your return rate
- Have a process for accepting parts:
- Mirror match
- Make sure there are no parts in the office
- Job cost the repair order
- Communicate your margins to your team
The 2018 FenderBender Management Conference will be held Sept. 17–19 at the Westin Lombard near Chicago for its third year in a row. The event features in-depth workshops and networking opportunities. Stay tuned for future announcements and speaker lineup.
To view all the sessions, including Brian’s presentation on profitability, visit fbmc2017.fenderbenderconference.com.