Over 1,000 Students Registered for Ed. Foundation Career Fairs
Feb. 7, 2018—The Collision Repair Education Foundation announced that over 1,000 students have registered for its first three Spring Career fairs being held in Tampa, Miami and San Antonio during February and early March.
The first career fair is scheduled for Feb. 14 at Hillsborough Community College near Tampa.
The Education Foundation is partnering with the TechForce Foundation and S/P2 on the high school and college transportation career fair events in 2018. Through these partnerships, the events will bring together collision, auto service, heavy duty, and diesel students but will also help ensure attending students have resumes ready for distribution to the participating employers. The Education Foundation will also play a more active role in facilitating on-site interviews, employment related presentations, and ensuring the students are well prepared for meeting company representatives.
Employers at collision repair facilities, insurance companies and suppliers will have the opportunity during the career fair to take employment applications and interview potential new employees who have participated in collision repair and automotive mechanical repair training programs.
“This is the third year for our Spring Career Fair schedule and students continue to respond to the events in record numbers,” said Education Foundation director of development Brandon Eckenrode. “The Career Fairs are key components of the Foundation’s mission to support collision repair educational programs, schools, and students to create qualified, entry-level employees and connect them with an array of career opportunities.”
The current spring 2018 schedule includes:
- • February 14 – Tampa/Orlando, FL – Hillsborough Community College
- • February 16 – Miami, FL – Robert Morgan Education Center & Technical College
- • March 1 – San Antonio, TX – Judson High School
- • March 16 – Los Angeles, CA – SEMA Headquarters Office
- • April 6 – Chicago, IL – Tech-Cor
- • April 7 – Phoenix, AZ – LKQ
- • April, 13 – Denver, CO – Manheim
- • April 18-19 – Greensboro, NC – North Carolina SkillsUSA State Competition
- • April 24 – Atlanta, GA – Maxwell Technical High School
- • April, 26 – Boston, MA – Assabet Valley Technical High School
- • May 16 – Nashville, TN - TBD
- • Dates & Locations TBD: Dallas, TX; Houston, TX
Companies interested in participating in these events should contact Eckenrode at 847.463.5244. The fall 2018 career fair locations and dates will be announced this summer.