SEMA Announces Finalists for Battle of the Builders
LAS VEGAS, Nev.—Nov. 1, 2017—The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) today announced the top 12 finalists in the fourth annual SEMA Battle of the Builders competition – the event that determines the builder the aftermarket community considers best.
The 2017 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition began with more than 200 vehicles entered into the annual competition from vehicle builders and car customizers from across the United States. These builders represent an elite group of individuals who have demonstrated extreme talent, creativity and craftsmanship in modifying cars, trucks, and SUVs.
The 2017 Battle of the Builders Top 12 finalists are (in alpha order):
- Phil & Jeremy Gerber – 1969 Chevy Camaro
- Larry Griffey – 1954 Chevy Corvette
- Alan Johnson – 1932 Ford Tudor
- Troy Ladd – 1936 Red Packard Roadster
- Andy Leach – 1930 Ford Model A Coupe
- Mike Markin – 1938 Graham 97
- Jeremy Miranda – 1969 Chevy Camaro
- Peter Nam – 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera
- Cris Payne – 1995 Ford Bronco
- Eddie Pettus – 1963 Chevy Corvette
- Scott Roth – 1966 Chevy Corvette
- Troy Trepanier – 1929 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan
Industry experts, David Freiburger, executive producer, TEN: The Enthusiast Network; Fred Williams, editor-at-large, Petersen’s 4-Wheel & Off Road; and RJ de Vera, customer engagement leader, Meguiar’s Inc., narrowed the field to select the top 12.
These 12 finalists will then judge one another on Friday at the SEMA Show and vote to determine who will be named the Ultimate Builder of the 2017 SEMA Battle of the Builders. The SEMA Battle of the Builders winner will be announced at SEMA Ignited, taking place after the trade-only SEMA Show closes, on Nov. 3, from 3-10 pm across from the Las Vegas Convention Center.
SEMA Ignited is open to the public and allows enthusiasts a chance to see many of the industry’s latest in automotive accessories on many of the 2017 SEMA Show vehicles that were on display during the 2017 SEMA Show.