ASA Installs Board of Directors
May 12, 2016—The Automotive Service Association (ASA) held its 2016 Annual Meeting in Arlington, Va., April 25-27, during which the chairman and board members were sworn in for the 2016-2017 year.
Newly inducted board members include:
- Donny Seyfer, chairman, Seyfer Automotive, Wheat Ridge, Colo.
- Roy Schnepper, chairman-elect, Butler’s Collision, Roseville, Mich.
- Darrell Amberson, immediate past chairman, LaMettry’s Collision, Minneapolis
- Ed Cushman, general director, C&H Foreign Auto Repair, Spokane, Wash.
- Scott Benavidez, collision division director, Mr. B’s Paint & Body Shop, Albuquerque, N.M.
Reappointed to the board for a one-year term as secretary/treasurer was Bill Moss of EuroService Automotive in Warrenton, Va. Bob Wills of Wills Auto Service in Battle Creek, Mich., was re-elected as mechanical division director for a two-year term, and John Cochrane of Cochrane Automotive in Etobicoke, Ont., was elected to a two-year term as a general director.
The meeting was held in conjunction with ASA’s Lobby Day on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., during which association leaders and members visited with elected officials and senior staff members about legislative and economic issues affecting the industry.
“Combined with our Lobby Day, the Annual Meeting continues to provide ASA and the collision and service repair industries a voice in Washington, D.C.,” ASA president and executive director Dan Risley said. “We continue to build relationships and momentum on many of the key issues impacting our members’ businesses. This event provides the leadership within ASA – board of directors; collision and mechanical operations committees; and affiliated associations – an opportunity to shape the future of our industry.”