Infiniti introduces shop certification program
March 19, 2012—Infiniti on Monday launched a new nationwide Infiniti Certified Collision Repair Network.
Infiniti said its new Certified Collision Repair Network is a comprehensive program designed to recognize and distinguish body shops that meet or exceed standards for repair work, training, equipment and delivery of Infiniti customer service. The certification program is open to both Infiniti retailer-owned and independent collision repair shops.
"The purpose of the certification program is to provide the resources to help ensure consistency of the repair of Infiniti vehicles on a national basis," said Carnie Colliver, senior manager of parts and service for Infiniti Americas. "Each Infiniti owner that comes into these certified facilities presents additional face-to-face opportunities to reinforce the Infiniti Total Ownership Experience."
Infiniti’s certification program will be conducted in conjunction with DuPont Performance Coatings, which will assist in the implementation of the program's certification process, and I-CAR, which will conduct technician training, the company said.
"Facilities that have the willingness to participate in this program must have the commitment to achieve higher standards in the collision repair industry. This program will be a platform to satisfy all aspects of their customers' automotive service needs,” Colliver said.
Collision repair facilities that participate with Infiniti’s certification program will be distinguished from non-certified facilities by a marketing package that includes the following:
• A shop plaque acknowledging that the facility is a member of the Infiniti Collision Repair Network, and recognized as meeting the requirements set forth by Infiniti
• Customer marketing materials explaining the benefits of using the certified shop network for repairs and the use of OEM collision parts
• Exclusive website for Infiniti-certified collision repair facilities to obtain program and technical information
• Infiniti owner awareness marketing initiative
• Shop locator for Infiniti vehicle owners to identify certified shops in their area
"The overriding goal is to provide a better customer experience—with an assurance of safety through the repair process and facility standardization, and the financial preservation of the vehicle to help minimize diminished value after collision repairs,” Colliver said. "Certified network collision repair facilities will deliver a professional relationship consistent with the Infiniti brand—and enjoy the added prestige of being recognized by Infiniti as meeting our stringent factory standards."
For more information, or to enroll in the program, visit InfinitiUSA.com.